Parent/Guest Proxy Access
Are you a parent? Learn about FERPA and how you can gain access to your student’s records.
Need your refund fast? Learn how to deposit financial aid funds directly to your bank account.
Paying through the STAR system is convenient and easy for students. Learn more here.
Need help paying online or requesting a paper bill? Learn more here.
Still need assistance? Check out our FAQ’s and contact information here.
Are you a Potomac State College or WVU Tech student? Access your campus page here.
**DISCLAIMER: This site functions best with Internet Explorer (IE) 7 and above. Users with IE 6 and below may experience functionality issues. Users with older versions of IE may want to try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Learn More
Please Make Payments to “WVU”
Office of Student Accounts
B-33 Stewart Hall
P.O. Box 6003
Morgantown, WV 26506
Hours: 8:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
WVU uses an electronic process for student billing. Students can access their account information electronically through the STAR Information System via MIX at http://www.mix.wvu.edu. The accounts receivable information from STAR gives students real-time information about their account. Students are able to view all current charges and payments applied to their student account. Students will also be able to see all anticipated credits from financial aid and other third-party sources.
Since students are notified electronically about their student account, they will not automatically receive a paper bill. This means that students will be responsible for checking their Mountaineer Information Xpress (MIX) e-mail account for date-sensitive e-mails regarding upcoming tuition and fee and/or room and board payment deadlines. Students will also be responsible for checking their student account status on STAR to obtain the correct amount that they owe and to make payment before all due dates.
NOTE: To keep parents up-to-date about what’s happening on a student’s account, students can add up to two E-Bill e-mail addresses on STAR. This will allow parents or other authorized individuals to receive a carbon-copy of any billing notification sent to the student via MIX. Simply select ‘Update Student & Parent E-mail Addresses’ under the Personal Information menu on STAR.
If students would like a paper bill, they will have to request this invoice through STAR. The deadline for requesting a paper bill for any term is approximately 10 days before the first day of the term.
- Students are required to select the paper bill option through STAR one time for each term a bill is needed.
- If someone other than the student is paying for tuition & fees and/or room & board and needs a paper bill, it is the student’s responsibility to request that bill for them.
- Students who do not opt for a paper bill are expected to view their account information through STAR and make payment accordingly.
Why Go Paperless?
There are many benefits for using a paperless billing service:
- Real-time account status – no more guessing what is owed due to adding/dropping in course schedules, pending financial aid disbursements, and contract payments.
- Online bill payment at your fingertips anytime day or night – payment made from your home, office, room, or anywhere the Internet is available.
- Timely delivery of account information – no more waiting for a paper bill to arrive. Sign on anytime to review your charges/payments and pending credits.
- Increased customer satisfaction – late charges for missed deadlines can be avoided.