How to Sign a Promissory Note
A promissory note is a signed/e-signed document containing a written
promise to repay a loan based on the specific regulations of the loan.
- After you have accepted a Perkins or Institutional Loan our servicer ECSI will email you log in credentials.
- You will use those credentials to complete the Promissory Note at https://www.ecsi.net/prom31/
- Once completed ECSI will notify WVU that you have completed your Promissory Note
- Should some piece of information not match our federal database you will be required to print, sign, and turn in a paper copy to the Office of Student Accounts.
How to Complete Exit Counseling
If you graduate, withdraw, transfer, or drop below half-time
registration status, and you have borrowed from WVU you must complete
the Exit Loan Counseling requirement. This is an opportunity to remind
yourself of your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower.
- Upon leaving the University ECSI will email you your log-in credentials to your mix or other selected email.
- The email will direct you to http://www.heartlandecsi.com/ and you will select the Manage Your Student Loan Accounts box.
- Once you have logged in you will be prompted to complete your outstanding Exit Counseling.
Repayment and Servicing
After graduation Student Loan repayment can be difficult and the repercussions for delinquency can include bad credit, collections, and transcript holds. Our servicer ECSI is available to support borrowers by answering questions and giving guidance. They can be reached at 888-549-3274 or by live chat and email at http://www.ecsi.net/bwr/contacts.html .WVU also has a full time loan officer specialized in repayment options as well as deferment and forbearance paperwork. They can be reached at 304-293-2809 or by email at email@example.com