In participating with Barnes & Noble bookstores, WVU has created two ways to help students purchase textbooks faster -- Registration Integration and accepting financial aid as a payment option for textbook purchases.
- Morgantown Campus
- Keyser Campus (WVU Potomac State College)
- Beckley Campus (WVU Institute of Technology)
Registration Integration and Paying with Financial Aid
Students who have financial aid that totals more than their balance due and are expecting a refund can utilize Registration Integration. This process allows them to order and pay for books and school supplies online after registering for classes in STAR (via your WVU Portal), or at any time by visiting the bookstore websites above. Once students have registered for classes, they can automatically order their books by following these steps:
- Go to your WVU Portal
- Click on STAR
- Select the "Student Services & Housing" tab
- Click on “Registration”
- Select “WVU, PSC, or WVU Tech Bookstores”
- Select a semester from the drop-down menu
- Select the "Click here" link next to the appropriate option to order your books
- Choose the type of books you are interested in – New, Used, Rental, or E-Book – and add items to your cart
- Once all books are added, click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button and log in with your WVU Bookstore login credentials, or you may click “Proceed As Guest”
- After inputting your contact information and selecting your pick-up option, choose "Financial Aid" as your payment
- Click on the checkbox next to “Internal Provider” and input your WVU ID number
- Review the information for accuracy, then click on the “APPLY SFA FUNDS” button
When registering on the bookstore website, be sure to use your correct WVU student ID number (9 digits beginning with 700, 701, or 800) and use the exact student name as it appears on your STAR account.
A shopping cart with your book order (based on your selected classes) will be created on the bookstore website. You can change or cancel the order at any time until your order is actually delivered. During the order process you can select your delivery options, such as hold for pick-up or home delivery. You can pay by credit card, Mountie Bounty, or you can pay using remaining financial aid after your semester charges are paid (for fall and spring semesters only).
When is the deadline to use financial aid at the Bookstore?
For the fall 2023 semester, students may begin reserving books with financial aid on July 5. The deadline to reserve books with financial aid is August 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
What if the books for my classes haven’t been adopted and are not available?
When you order through Registration Integration, some books may not be available until the instructor adopts the book for your class and section. Book adoptions are updated daily. Contact your instructor to request that the book adoption be made and check your WVU Bookstore shopping cart for updates.
What if I change my schedule and I need to change my book order?
The Bookstore can do a refund or exchange for fall through August 25, 2023. Please visit the Bookstore.
When can I pick up my book order?
For the fall 2023 semester, August 11, 2023 is the earliest students can pick up their books. The last day students can pick up their reserved books is August 25, 2023.