Fall 2017 Billing Information
ANNOUNCEMENT – The last day to enroll in a payment plan for fall is August 31. Learn more about Higher One tuition payment plans here. Late fees will be assessed on September 2.
Fall 2017 charges are available for your review in STAR. The payment deadline has been extended to August 1.
If you owe a balance, you will receive an email in your MIX account the week of July 17. The email will include a statement of your charges and credits.
- eCheck is the recommended form of payment with no convenience fees. These payments are posted immediately, and there’s no waiting in line! studentaccounts.wvu.edu/payment.
- If sending a check via U.S. mail, a confirmation email will be sent your MIX account once posted.
- Credit card payments cannot be taken via phone for security reasons, but can be made online in STAR or the Parent/Guest Portal. Note: A 2.25% convenience fee will apply.
- If a balance is due, you can still sign up for a monthly payment plan with Higher One to spread payments out over several months at our Tuition Pay Page. Note: If you have already signed up with Higher One for a monthly payment plan, you will not receive an email/statement the week of July 17. You will be contacted should your plan be insufficient to cover your charges.
- Students with third party sponsor's can find out more about third party billing HERE.
- Refunds: If you have more than enough aid to pay your balance and are due a refund, you will not receive an email/statement the week of July 17. August 11 is the earliest refunds may be received by students signed up for direct deposit. You can sign up or verify your bank account info at studentaccounts.wvu.edu/refunds if a refund is expected. If a paper refund check is preferred, be sure to verify your mailing/local address in STAR for accuracy.
- You can grant proxy access to parents or others who may be assisting with bill payment. This gives parents their own log in information and a passphrase they will need if calling in on your behalf. parent-guest.portal.wvu.edu
- If you are not attending fall classes, be sure you drop your classes or you will owe tuition and fees charged.
Financial Aid Questions?
To provide better service and response to questions, all email addresses associated with financial aid, billing and the Mountaineer Hub have expired as of July 1 and have been replaced by a convenient, streamlined, online ticketing service. To log a question, go to http://mountaineerhub.wvu.edu and click the “Contact Us” link at the top of the page. This will allow individuals to monitor the status of their ticket and allows questions to be routed more quickly to the correct person so individuals receive timely responses. You may also call the Mountaineer Hub at 304-293-1988, but please understand that due to an expected high call volume about fall billing, you could experience delays.
Students Must Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver by July 26 if They Need to Opt Out of Student Insurance
The fall 2017 student health insurance waiver is available now at http://studentinsurance.wvu.edu with a deadline of July 26. Eligible students without an approved waiver on file by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the WVU Aetna student health insurance plan. If you do not yet have an approved waiver on file, you may see the fall student insurance fee of $912 assessed to your account. Once the student insurance waiver is submitted and approved, confirmation will be sent to your student MIX email address and the fall 2017 insurance fee will be credited back to your student account within five business days. If your waiver is declined, you will receive an email to your MIX account indicating the reason and options for how to proceed. For more information about the student health insurance requirement, the WVU Aetna plan, or the insurance waiver, visit studentinsurance.wvu.edu, or contact the WVU Student Insurance Office at email@example.com or 304-293-6815.
- Log into
- Click "View Details" in the "Student Accounts" box to the right.
"Electronic Bill By Term/Make Payment"
and select a term.
- Video Instructions can be found at HERE.
Parents who have been granted access by their student can view and pay bills HERE.