Authorized User Payment Plan Sign Up
Please note that parents or guests who wish to manage a monthly payment plan on their student's behalf must be granted Authorized User access. For details, visit our Tutorials webpage.
For information about payment plans for Summer 2021, visit our Summer Billing Information webpage.
West Virginia University offers a new payment plan through WVU MyAccount. The plan allows you to break up your semester’s tuition and fees into smaller, more manageable installments, rather than paying in full all at once. Some of the advantages of the payment plan are:
MORE TIME TO PAY. The earlier you sign up, the more time you will have to pay and the smaller your monthly payments will be.
NO INTEREST RATE. The payment plan only charges a $35 fee at enrollment in addition to the first payment.
CONVENIENCE. Enroll and make payments online, 24 hours a day. You will also receive regular monthly email statements and have access to an option for automatic payments.
As of fall 2023, there are a few things to keep in mind as you enroll in a payment plan:
- If you miss any payment plan due date, your plan will be automatically canceled. You will immediately owe a 2.95% late payment fee on your full balance due and will be unable to utilize the payment plan again that semester.
- Your payment plan and its installments will automatically adjust to your account for any new charges or aid you incur throughout the semester — you do not need to manually adjust it to ensure the amount you’re paying each month is correct.
How Do I Sign Up?
Enrolling in the payment plan is fast and easy. You must make your first payment plus the enrollment fee when you sign up.
- Log in to your WVU Portal using your WVUID username and password
- Once logged in, click on the "PAY YOUR BILL HERE!" button
- Click on the “Enroll in a Payment Plan” button under the View Account section.
- Select the appropriate semester from the "Select a term" dropdown box.
- Review your eligible charges and Payment Schedule. The enrollment fee and down payment must be paid in order to enroll in the plan. Once you have reviewed the information, you may click on the "select" button.
- On the following screen, you will select whether or not you want to setup automatic payments. While automatic payments are not required, please note that automatic payments may only be made via ACH transactions directly from a bank account.
- After you have made your selection, click the "Continue" button.
- Next, you must select a payment method for the first installment and the enrollment fee from the dropdown list labelled "Method."
- Input required payment information and review for accuracy. Once you have reviewed your information, you may finalize your payment by clicking on the "Continue" button.
- Lastly, please agree to the payment arrangement to complete your payment plan setup.
Once enrollment is complete, the payment plan will be reflected in your student account as a pending payment toward your semester charges.
Because spring charges are not available until late November, we offer a Cost and Resource Planner to help estimate your charges. Using this planner, you can estimate institutional costs and input financial aid you may receive to determine your estimated out-of-pocket expenses for fall and/or spring. Then, you can adjust your plan if necessary when you receive your actual charges.
Making a Payment Towards a Payment Plan
Students and Authorized Users may make payments towards their payment plan using the following steps.
- Once you have logged into your WVU Portal and you have accessed your WVU MyAccount, click on the "Pay Next Installment" button in the Payment Plans section of your home page.
- Review all of the information on the Installment Payment screen and adjust the payment amount if needed.
- After you have reviewed the payment details, click the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Use the “Method” dropdown box to select the payment method you wish to use – credit or debit card, electronic check, or any previously saved payment methods on your account.
- Review the terms and conditions and make sure the checkbox next to “I agree...” is checked before clicking the “Continue” button.
- Click on the “Submit Payment” button to complete your payment.
Are There Deadlines to Sign Up?
The payment plan opens when semester charges are available. The first payment plus a $35 enrollment fee is due when you sign up.
Students who owe a balance are sent billing notifications to their MIX email each month, usually due at the start of the following month. The first billing notifications to include fall charges begin in early July, the first to include spring charges begin in early December, and the first to include summer charges begin in early April.
Please note that you must enroll in a payment plan before the payment due date listed on the billing notification to avoid late payment fees. After the initial payment, each installment will be due on the first day of each month based on the terms of your payment plan.
- Sign up by November 30 to make 6 monthly payments (December, January, February, March, April, and May)
- Sign up by December 31 to make 5 monthly payments (January, February, March, April, and May)
- Sign up by January 31 to make 4 monthly payments (February, March, April, and May)
Students can enroll in a payment plan as early as April 1!
- Sign up between April 1 and April 23 to make 3 monthly payments (April, May, and June)
- Sign up between April 24 and May 23 to make 2 monthly payments (May and June)
Students can enroll in a payment plan as early as July 5!
- Sign up between July 5 and July 23 to make 5 monthly payments (July, August, September, October, and November).
- Sign up between July 24 and August 23 to make 4 monthly payments (August, September, October, and November)
- Sign up between August 24 and September 23 to make 3 monthly payments (September, October, and November)
The deadline for the 5-month and 4-month plan options for Fall 2023 passed on July 23 and August 23, 2023, respectively.
The deadline for the 6 and 5-month options for spring have passed as of November 30 and December 31, 2022 respectively.
Your first payment plan installment payment (plus a $35 enrollment fee) is due when you sign up, and the next payment will be due the first of the following month. Please be aware that the closer to the enrollment deadline you sign up, the closer together your initial payment and next installment payments will fall.
Need to Know Information
- Late Fees - If you do not make your monthly payment by the due date, a 2.95% late fee will be assessed on your full balance due.
- Delinquency - Your payment plan will be canceled immediately if you miss any installment deadline. Once your payment plan is terminated, you will owe your outstanding balance in full to WVU and will be unable to re-enroll in a payment plan for the rest of the semester.
- Delinquency & Late Fees - Your payment plan will be canceled immediately if you miss any installment deadline. Once your payment plan is terminated, you will owe your outstanding balance in full to WVU and will be unable to re-enroll in a payment plan for the rest of the semester. A 2.95% late payment fee will also be assessed on your full balance owed and will be reassessed monthly until your balance is paid in full.
- Double Check Your Information - Incorrect information such as your student ID could lead to your payments being applied to another student.
- Rent - WVU-owned apartment rent, parking, and electric charges cannot be included in the payment plan. Rent will be charged to student accounts on a monthly basis, and you will need to pay those charges separately through WVU MyAccount (via your WVU Portal).
Changes in Balance Due - If you make an adjustment to your student account
that results in a change to your charges — such as selecting a new meal plan,
adding or dropping a course, etc. — your payment plan will automatically adjust
to account for those changes. Any increase or decrease in what you owe will be
distributed evenly across your remaining payments due.
Please note that changes that occur within 30 days of an upcoming monthly payment will not affect that payment. The increase or decrease in what you owe will be distributed over the payments that follow.
- Overpayment - Should your payment plan contract cover a larger balance than your total semester balance due, you will be refunded the difference upon the completion of your contract. If your total balance due is less than the amount of your payment plan, it is in your best interest to adjust your contract prior to its completion. You can view our refund policies on our Refunds webpage
- If you have any questions, please contact the WVU Hub.