West Virginia University is pleased to offer a monthly payment plan, administered by CASHNet. The Tuition Payment Plan is an alternative to paying each semester's tuition and fees (including on-campus housing expenses) in full by the bill due date for each semester.
Please note that you cannot pay rent at University-owned apartments through the monthly payment plan, so please do not include your rent charges in your plan.
Some of the advantages of the payment plan are:
MORE TIME TO PAY. A payment plan allows your to manage your budget by making smaller payments over a longer period of time. The earlier you sign up, the more time you will have to pay and the smaller your monthly payments will be.
AVOID HIGH INTEREST RATES. Unlike traditional loans, the payment plan only charges a small fee at enrollment.
CONVENIENCE. Enroll, manage your account, and make payments online, 24 hours a day.
CONVENIENT ONLINE STATEMENTS. You will receive your statements via email each month, with a link to Manage Your Account, where you can view your account or make payments online.
How Do I Sign Up?
The payment plan opens on November 1 for the spring 2020 semester.
Enrolling in the payment plan is fast and easy. The steps to enroll are:
- Visit the CASHNet payment portal.
- Choose the best plan for you.
- Enter your balance due for the semester - or the portion you would like to set up on a payment plan.
- Complete the application by filling in all necessary fields and paying your application fee.
Since spring charges are not available until mid-November, you can estimate your spring balance due based on the fall 2019 semester or use the handy resource available on our Cost and Resource Planner page to help estimate your bill. Using the Plan for Your Cost Your Way planner you can estimate institutional costs and input financial aid you may receive to determine your estimated out-of-pocket expenses. Your plan can then be adjusted if necessary when you receive your actual bill.
Once complete, CASHNet will update WVU of your contract and any payments you make. There is a $35 enrollment fee due at the time you sign up.
Are There Deadlines to Sign Up?
The earlier you sign up, the more time you'll have to pay and the smaller your monthly payments will be.
For the spring 2020 semester:
- Enroll by November 30 to make 6 monthly payments (December, January, February, March, April, May)
- Enroll by December 31 to make 5 monthly payments (January, February, March, April, May)
- Enroll by January 31 to make 4 monthly payments (February, March, April, May)
Need to Know Information
- Late Fees - Should you pay your monthly installment after the first of the month, you could incur late fees from both West Virginia University and CASHNet.
- Delinquency - Should you miss two consecutive payments, your contract will be terminated, and you will need to pay your balance due in full to the WVU directly.
- Double Check Your Information - Incorrect information such as your student ID could lead to your payments being applied to another student.
- Rent - You cannot pay rent at University-owned apartments through the monthly payment plan. You will need to pay those charges separately through STAR and contact the Mountaineer Hub to apply your payment to your rent.
- Changes in Bill - Should you add a charge such as a larger meal plan or extra tuition, you will need to adjust your monthly payment plan through the CASHNet website to account for the additional charges. Failure to do so could result in late fees.
- Overpayment - Should your contract be larger than your semester balance you will be refunded the difference upon the completion of your contract. It is in your best interest to adjust your contract if possible if your balance due is less than your payment plan to avoid overpayment. View Refund Policies