Upcoming Deadlines for Summer 2021
For information about payment plans for Summer 2021, visit our Summer Billing Information page.
- The three-month option opens on April 1, 2021, and the deadline to sign up is April 30, 2021.
- The two-month option opens on May 1, 2021, and the deadline to sign up is May 31, 2021.
See below for more information on the payment plan.
West Virginia University is pleased to offer a monthly payment plan, administered by CASHNet. The plan allows you to break up your semester’s tuition and fees into smaller, more manageable installments, rather than paying in full all at once. Some of the advantages of the payment plan are:
MORE TIME TO PAY. The earlier you sign up, the more time you will have to pay and the smaller your monthly payments will be.
AVOID HIGH INTEREST RATES. Unlike traditional loans, the payment plan only charges a small fee at enrollment in addition to the first payment. If you choose to use a debit or credit card to make your payments to CASHNet, you will be assessed a 2.75% convenience fee. This fee does not apply to electronic check payments to CASHNet (using the routing and account numbers for your checking or savings account).
CONVENIENCE. Enroll, manage your account, and make payments online, 24 hours a day. You will also receive regular monthly statements via email.
How Do I Sign Up?
The payment plan opens on November 1 for the spring 2021 semester.
Enrolling in the payment plan is fast and easy. The steps to enroll are:
- Visit the CASHNet payment portal.
- Choose the best plan for you.
- Enter your balance due for the semester - or the portion you would like to set up on a payment plan.
- Complete the application by filling in all necessary fields and paying your application fee. You must pay your first payment plus a $35 enrollment fee when you sign up.
Once enrollment is complete, CASHNet will update WVU of your contract and any payments you make usually on a weekly basis.
Because spring charges are not available until toward the end of November, you can use your fall balance to estimate what your spring balance due will be. If you did not attend in fall, we offer a Cost and Resource planner to help estimate your bill. Using this planner, you can estimate institutional costs and input financial aid you may receive to determine your estimated out-of-pocket expenses for fall and/or spring. Then, you can adjust your plan if necessary when you receive your actual bill.
Are There Deadlines to Sign Up?
The earlier you sign up, the more time you'll have to pay and the smaller your monthly payments will be.
For the spring 2021 semester, the deadlines for all options have passed: the 6-month option (November 30) and 5-month option (December 31), and the 4-month option (January 31).
Need to Know Information
- Late Fees - Should you pay your monthly installment after the first of the month, you could incur late fees from both West Virginia University and CASHNet.
- Delinquency - Should you miss two payments, your contract will be terminated, and you will need to pay your balance due in full to WVU directly.
- Double Check Your Information - Incorrect information such as your student ID could lead to your payments being applied to another student.
- Rent - You cannot pay rent at University-owned apartments through the monthly payment plan. You will need to pay those charges separately through STAR and contact the Mountaineer Hub to apply your payment to your rent.
- Changes in Bill - Should you add a charge such as a larger meal plan or extra tuition after enrolling in the payment plan, you will need to adjust your plan through the CASHNet website to account for the additional charges. Failure to do so could result in removal from your CASHNet plan and late payment fees.
- Overpayment - Should your payment plan contract cover a larger balance than your semester balance due, you will be refunded the difference upon the completion of your contract. If your total balance due is less than the amount of your payment plan, it is in your best interest to adjust your contract prior to its completion. View Refund Policies