Want to Make Monthly Payments on Your Tuition Bill?
West Virginia University is pleased to offer a monthly payment plan, administered by CASHNet, for all students. The Tuition Payment Plan is an alternative to paying each semester's tuition and fees (including on-campus housing expenses) in full by the bill due date for each semester. Some of the advantages of the payment plan are:
- MORE TIME TO PAY. Spread your tuition and fees payments over a period of several months. The earlier you sign up, the more time you will have to pay and the smaller the monthly payments.
- AVOID HIGH INTEREST RATES*. Unlike traditional loans, Tuition Payment Plans only charge a small fee at enrollment.
- CONVENIENCE. Enroll, manage your account, and make payments all online, 24 hours a day.
- CONVENIENT ONLINE STATEMENTS. You will receive your statements via email each month, with a link to Manage Your Account, where you can view your account or make payments online.
How do I sign up?
Enrolling in the payment plan is fast and easy. The steps to enroll are:
- Visit the CASHNet payment portal.
- Choose the best plan for you.
- Enter your amount balance due for the semester - or the portion you would like to set up on a payment plan.
- Complete the application by filling in all necessary fields and paying your application fee.
Since fall bills are not available until July, there is a handy resource available on our Cost and Resource Planner page to help estimate your bill. Using the Plan for Your Cost Your Way planner you can estimate institutional costs and input financial aid you may receive to determine your estimated out-of-pocket expenses for fall and/or spring. Your plan can then be adjusted if necessary when you receive your actual bill.
Potomac State College students, your bill can be estimated using the Potomac State College cost estimator.
Once complete, CASHNet will update WVU of your contract and any payments you make. There is a $35 enrollment fee due at the time you sign up.
Need to Know Information
- Late Fees - Should you pay your monthly installment after the first of the month, you could incur late fees from both West Virginia University and CASHNet.
- Delinquency - Should you miss two consecutive payments, your contract will be terminated, and you will need to pay your balance due in full to the WVU directly.
- Double Check Your Information - Incorrect information such as your student ID could lead to your payments being applied to another student.
- Rent - We recommend that you NOT pay rent at WVU-owned apartments through the monthly payment plan. You will need to pay those charges separately through STAR and contact the Mountaineer Hub to apply your payment to your rent.
- Changes in Bill - Should you add a charge such as a larger meal plan or extra tuition, you will need to adjust your monthly payment plan online through the CASHNet website to account for the additional charges. Failure to do so could result in late fees.
- Over Payment - Should your contract be larger than your term balance you will be refunded the difference upon the completion of your contract. View Refund Policies