Want to Make Monthly Payments on Your Tuition Bill?
West Virginia University is pleased to offer a monthly payment plan, administered by CASHNet, for all students. The Tuition Payment Plan is an alternative to paying each semester's tuition and/or housing expenses in full prior to the Fall term (due in late July) and the Spring term (due in December). Some of the advantages of the Tuition Pay Plan are:
- MORE TIME TO PAY. Spread your tuition payments over a period of several months.
- AVOID HIGH INTEREST RATES*. Unlike traditional loans, Tuition Payment Plans only charge a small fee at enrollment.
- CONVENIENCE. Enroll, manage your account and make payments all online, 24 hours a day.
- CONVENIENT ONLINE STATEMENTS. You will receive your statements via email each month, with a link to Manage Your Account, where you can view your account or make payments online.
How do I sign up?
Enrolling in the payment plan is fast and easy. You can enroll as early as March 29th for Summer and Fall Plans. The steps to enroll are
- Visit https://commerce.cashnet.com/paymentportal.
- Choose the best plan for you.
- Enter your amount due from the "Electronic Bill" on STAR.
- Complete the application by filling in all necessary fields and paying your application fee.
Since fall bills are not available until July,
there is a handy resource available to help estimate your fall bill at https://mountaineerhub.wvu.edu/planner.
Using the Plan for Your Cost Your Way planner you can estimate institutional
costs and input financial aid you may receive to determine your estimated out-of-pocket
expenses for fall and/or spring. Your plan can then be adjusted when you receive your actual bill.
Potomac State College students, your bill can be estimated at https://admissions.potomacstatecollege.edu/cost-and-aid/estimate-your-cost.
Once complete, CASHNet will update WVU of your contract and any payments you make. There is a $35 enrollment fee due at the time you sign up.
Need to Know Information
- Late Fees - Should you pay your monthly installment after the 1st of the month, then you could incur late fees from both West Virginia University and CASHNet.
- Delinquency - Should you miss two consecutive payments, your contract will be terminated and you will need to pay WVU directly in full.
- Double Check Your Information - Incorrect information such as your student ID could lead to your payments being applied to another student.
- Rent - We recommend that you NOT pay rent at WVU-owned apartments through Tuition Pay. You will need to pay those charges separately through STAR and contact the Mountaineer Hub to apply your payment to your rent.
- Changes in Bill - Should you add a charge such as a larger meal plan or extra tuition, you will need to adjust your account online through the CASHNet website. Failure to do so could result in late fees.
- Over Payment - Should your contract be larger than your term balance you will be refunded the difference upon the completion of your contract. Refund policies can be found HERE.