- Summer 2021
- Spring 2022 General Information
- How You Can Find Your Balance Due
- What You Should Do Now
- GradGuard Tuition Insurance
- Tuition (Monthly) Payment Plan
- Payment Options
- International Payments
- Billing FAQs
- Bookstore Programs
Spring 2022 General Information
Spring charges will be available on or around November 23 in WVU MyAccount (via your WVU Portal) for students who have registered for spring classes. Parents with Authorized User access to billing information will be able to view charges via the WVU MyAccount Login website. More information and instructions on being granted Authorized User access are available on our Tutorials webpage. Students who owe a balance will receive a billing notification in early December directing them to WVU MyAccount to view charges. Payment is due January 3.
If you owe a balance, you will receive a notification to your MIX email (via your WVU Portal) in early July.
Payment for July bills are due August 1. To avoid a 2.25% late fee, you must do one of the following by August 1:
To avoid a 2.25% late payment fee, students must do one of the following by January 3:
- Pay their bill in full
- Enroll in a payment plan to cover their balance
- Secure sufficient financial aid to cover their balance
Students who owe $1,000 or more after September 1 will be removed from their fall classes following close of business on September 2. Students who owe a balance of $200 or more after September 1 will be assessed a late payment fee of 2.25%.
How You Can Find Your Balance Due
You can see your balance due in a few ways.
- Log into your WVU Portal to see if you have a balance due
- View details on your charges and balance due through WVU MyAccount via your WVU Portal and clicking on the "PAY YOUR BILL HERE!" button, or for parents/guests with Authorized User access, through their WVU MyAccount Login website for Authorized Users. See our Tutorials webpage for instructions on navigating both systems.
- If you owe a balance, you will receive a notification to your MIX email (via your WVU Portal) toward the beginning of each month
What You Should Do Now
Register for Classes Early
Take advantage of priority registration for spring classes. You'll have a better chance of getting into the classes you need, receive a more accurate billing notification, avoid possible delays in financial aid processing, and have more time to plan for your costs.
Pay Your Balance Due by the Payment Deadline
If you need more information on payment options, how to make online payments, or how parents and guests can make a payment on the student's behalf, please visit our Payments webpage and Tutorials webpage. For international payments, see out International Payments webpage for wire transfer options.
Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan
A tuition payment plan allows you to break up your balance due into smaller, more manageable payments rather then paying your total balance all at once. The six-month option is available now. The first payment and $35 enrollment fee due at sign up followed by payments on the first of each month.
Enroll by August 31 to make 3 monthly payments (first payment and $35 enrollment fee due at sign up followed by payments on the first of each month for October and November).
- Enroll by November 30 to make 6 monthly payments (December, January, February, March, April, and May).
- Enroll by December 31 to make 5 monthly payments (January, February, March, April, and May)
- Enroll by January 31 to make 4 monthly payments (February, March, April, and May)
The deadline for the 6-month option has passed on May 31. Please visit our Tuition Payment Plan page for more information about our 5-month and 4-month plan options.
Contact Us with Questions
We’re here to help! If you have questions about payment options, please contact the WVU Hub.
GradGuard Tuition Insurance
We understand that the investment you and your family make in tuition and fees is significant which can create a financial hardship if you are unable to complete your classes and are not eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees. Tuition Refund Insurance, provided by GradGuard™, can help protect your investment by refunding your tuition, fees, and room/board charges - up to the annual policy limits - if you are unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason. This insurance program complements and enhances WVU's refund policy.
For additional information, including coverage details and exclusions, please visit GradGuard or call GradGuard at 866-724-4384.