Fall charges are available in STAR (via your WVU Portal) for students enrolled in classes (or with other institutional charges such as meal plans or on-campus housing). Parents with proxy access to billing information will be able to view charges via the WVU Parent and Guest Portal.
eBills are sent to the MIX emails of students with a balance due. The first eBill for fall was sent in early July.
Payment for August eBills is due September 1. Payment for ebills that were sent in July was due on August 1. Plan to pay your bill in full, enroll in a payment plan to cover your balance, or have sufficient financial aid secured to cover your balance due by September 1.
- Students who owe $1,000 or more after September 1 will be removed from their fall classes on September 3.
- Students who owe a balance from $200 to $1,000 for fall after September 1 (or $200 or more from prior semesters) will be assessed a late payment fee of 2.25%.
How You Can Find Your Balance Due
You can see your balance due in a few ways.
- Log into your WVU Portal to see if you have a balance due.
- View details on your charges and balance due through STAR via your WVU Portal, or for parents/guests with proxy access, through their WVU Parent and Guest Portal. See our Payments page for instructions on navigating both systems.
- If you owe a balance, you will receive a notification to your MIX email toward the beginning of each month with an eBill attached (see the Total Balance Due at the bottom of the eBill).
What You Should Do Now
Pay Your Balance Due by the Payment Deadline
If you need more information on payment options or how to make payment online with a check or credit card via the student or parent/guest portal, visit our Payments and Tutorials pages. For international payments, see our International Payments page for wire transfer options.
Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan
A Tuition Payment Plan allows you to manage your budget by making smaller payments over a longer period of time. The earlier you sign up, the more time you’ll have to pay and the smaller your monthly payments will be.
For the fall 2019 semester:
- Sign up by August 31 to make 3 monthly payments (September, October, and November)
The May 31, June 30, and July 31 deadlines have passed (to utilize the options for 6, 5, or 4 monthly payments).
Contact Us with Questions
We’re here to help! If you have questions about payment options, please contact us.