- Fall 2020 General Information
- How You Can Find Your Balance Due
- What You Should Do Now
- GradGuard Tuition Insurance
- Tuition (Monthly) Payment Plan
- Payment Options
- International Payments
- Billing FAQs
- Bookstore Programs
Fall 2020 General Information
Fall charges are available in STAR (via your WVU Portal) for students enrolled in classes (or with other institutional charges such as meal plans or on-campus housing). Parents with proxy access to billing information will be able to view charges via the WVU Parent and Guest Portal.
eBills are sent to the MIX emails of students with a balance due. The first eBill to include fall charges was sent in early July.
Payment for fall charges is due September 1. Payment for ebills that were sent in July was initially due on August 1 but was amended to September 1 for fall charges due to changes to the start of the fall semester. Plan to enroll in a payment plan to cover your balance due by August 31 if utilizing this option, or pay your bill in full or have sufficient financial aid secured to cover your balance due by September 1.
- Students who owe $1,000 or more after September 1 will be removed from their fall classes after 4:45 p.m. EDT on September 2.
- Students who owe a balance from $200 to $999 for fall after September 1 (or $200 or more from prior semesters) will be assessed a late payment fee of 2.25% after 4:45 p.m. EDT on September 2.
How You Can Find Your Balance Due
You can view your balance due in a few ways.
- Log into your WVU Portal to see if you have a balance due.
- View details on your charges and balance due through STAR via your WVU Portal, or for parents/guests with proxy access, through their WVU Parent and Guest Portal. See our Payments page for instructions on navigating both systems.
- If you owe a balance, you will receive a notification to your MIX email toward the beginning of each month with an eBill attached (see the Total Balance Due at the bottom of the eBill).
What You Should Do Now
Pay Your Balance Due by the Payment Deadline
If you need more information on payment options or how to make payment online with a check or credit card via the student WVU Portal or Parent and Guest Portal, visit our Payments and Tutorials pages. For international payments, see our International Payments page for additional options.
Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan
A Tuition Payment Plan allows you to break up your balance due into smaller, more manageable payments rather than paying your total balance all at once.
For the fall 2020 semester:
- Enroll by August 31 to make 3 monthly payments (first payment due at sign up followed by payments on the first of each month for October and November)
The deadlines to sign up for the six-month option (May 31), five-month option (June 30), and four-month option (July 31) have passed.
Contact Us with Questions
We’re here to help! If you have questions about payment options, please contact us.
GradGuard Tuition Insurance
We understand that the investment you and your family make in tuition and fees is significant which can create a financial hardship if you are unable to complete your classes and are not eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees. Tuition Refund Insurance, provided by GradGuard™, can help protect your investment by refunding your tuition, fees, and room/board charges - up to the annual policy limits - if you are unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason. This insurance program complements and enhances WVU's refund policy.
For additional information, including coverage details and exclusions, please visit GradGuard or call GradGuard at 866-724-4384.