- Summer 2021
- Fall 2021 General Information
- How You Can Find Your Balance Due
- What You Should Do Now
- GradGuard Tuition Insurance
- Tuition (Monthly) Payment Plan
- Payment Options
- International Payments
- Billing FAQs
- Bookstore Programs
Fall 2021 General Information
Fall charges will be available on or about July 3 in STAR (via your WVU Portal) for students who have registered for fall classes. Parents with proxy access to billing information will be able to view charges via the WVU Parent and Guest Portal.
If you owe a balance, you will receive an eBill through your MIX email (via your WVU Portal) in early July.
Payment for July eBills is due August 1. To avoid a 2.25% late fee, you must do one of the following by August 1:
- Pay your bill in full
- Enroll in a payment plan to cover your balance by July 31
- Secure sufficient financial aid to cover your balance
How You Can Find Your Balance Due
You can see your balance due in a few ways.
- Log into your WVU Portal to see if you have a balance due.
- View details on your charges and balance due through STAR via your WVU Portal, or for parents/guests with proxy access, through their WVU Parent and Guest Portal. See our Payments page for instructions on navigating both systems.
- If you owe a balance, you will receive a notification to your MIX email (via your WVU Portal) toward the beginning of each month with an eBill attached (see the Total Balance Due at the bottom of the eBill)
What You Should Do Now
Register for Classes Early
Take advantage of priority registration for fall classes. You'll have a better chance of getting into the classes you need, receive a more accurate eBill, avoid possible delays in financial aid processing, and have more time to plan for your costs.
Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan
The payment plan opens May 1 for the fall 2021 semester. A Tuition Payment Plan allows you to break up your balance due into smaller, more manageable payments.
- Enroll by May 31 to make 6 monthly payments (June, July, August, September, October and November)
- Enroll by June 30 to make 5 monthly payments (July, August, September, October and November)
- Enroll by July 31 to make 4 monthly payments (August, September, October and November)
Contact Us with Questions
We’re here to help! If you have questions about payment options, please contact the WVU Hub.
GradGuard Tuition Insurance
We understand that the investment you and your family make in tuition and fees is significant which can create a financial hardship if you are unable to complete your classes and are not eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees. Tuition Refund Insurance, provided by GradGuard™, can help protect your investment by refunding your tuition, fees, and room/board charges - up to the annual policy limits - if you are unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason. This insurance program complements and enhances WVU's refund policy.
For additional information, including coverage details and exclusions, please visit GradGuard or call GradGuard at 866-724-4384.