- Spring 2021 General Information
- How You Can Find Your Balance Due
- What You Should Do Now
- GradGuard Tuition Insurance
- Tuition (Monthly) Payment Plan
- Payment Options
- International Payments
- Billing FAQs
- Bookstore Programs
Spring 2021 General Information
Spring charges are available in STAR (via your WVU Portal) for students enrolled in spring classes (or with other institutional charges such as meal plans or on-campus housing). Parents with proxy access to billing information will be able to view charges via the WVU Parent and Guest Portal.
The first eBill that included spring charges was sent in early December and was due January 4. Students who still owe a balance will receive another eBill in early January.
Payment for January eBills is due February 1. Plan to be enrolled in a payment plan to cover your balance by January 31 or pay your bill in full or have sufficient financial aid secured to cover your balance due by February 1.
- Students who owe a balance of $200 or more after February 1 will be assessed a late payment fee of 2.25%.
- Students who owe $1,000 or more after February 1 will have their eCampus access revoked after 4:45 p.m. ET on February 2.
How You Can Find Your Balance Due
You can see your balance due in a few ways.
- Log into your WVU Portal to see if you have a balance due.
- View details on your charges and balance due through STAR via your WVU Portal, or for parents/guests with proxy access, through their WVU Parent and Guest Portal. See our Payments page for instructions on navigating both systems.
- If you owe a balance, you will receive a notification to your MIX email (via your WVU Portal) toward the beginning of each month with an eBill attached (see the Total Balance Due at the bottom of the eBill)
What You Should Do Now
Pay Your Balance Due by the Payment Deadline
If you need more information on payment options or how to make a payment online with a check or credit card via the student or Parent & Guest Portal, visit our Payments and Tutorials pages. For international payments, see our International Payments page for wire transfer options.
Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan
A Tuition Payment Plan allows you to break up your balance due into smaller, more manageable payments rather than paying your total balance all at once.
For the spring 2021 semester:
- Enroll by January 31 to make 4 monthly payments (first payment and $35 enrollment fee due at sign up followed by payments on the first of each month for March, April, and May)
The deadlines for the 6-month option (November 30) and 5-month option (December 31) have passed.
Contact Us with Questions
We’re here to help! If you have questions about payment options, please contact us.
GradGuard Tuition Insurance
We understand that the investment you and your family make in tuition and fees is significant which can create a financial hardship if you are unable to complete your classes and are not eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees. Tuition Refund Insurance, provided by GradGuard™, can help protect your investment by refunding your tuition, fees, and room/board charges - up to the annual policy limits - if you are unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason. This insurance program complements and enhances WVU's refund policy.
For additional information, including coverage details and exclusions, please visit GradGuard or call GradGuard at 866-724-4384.