- Spring 2021 General Information
- What You Should Do Now
- GradGuard Tuition Insurance
- Tuition (Monthly) Payment Plan
- Payment Options
- International Payments
- Billing FAQs
- Bookstore Programs
Spring 2021 General Information
Spring charges will be available on or around November 24 in STAR (via your WVU Portal) for students enrolled in spring classes (or with other institutional charges such as meal plans or on-campus housing). Parents with proxy access to billing information will be able to view charges via the WVU Parent and Guest Portal.
If you owe a balance, you will receive an eBill through your MIX email (via your WVU Parent and Guest Portal) in early December.
Payment for December eBills is due January 4. To avoid a 2.25% late payment fee, you must do one of the following by January 4:
- Pay your bill in full.
- Enroll in a payment plan to cover your balance.
- Secure sufficient financial aid to cover your balance.
What You Should Do Now
Register for Classes Early
Take advantage of priority registration for spring classes. You will have a better chance of getting the classes you need, receive a more accurate eBill, avoid possible delays in financial aid processing, and have more time to plan for your costs.
Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan
The payment plan opens on November 1 for the spring 2020 semester. A Tuition Payment Plan allows you to break up your balance due into smaller, more manageable payments rather than paying your total balance all at once.
For the spring 2021 semester:
- Enroll by November 30 to make 6 monthly payments (first payment and $35 enrollment fee due at sign up followed by payments on the first of each month for January, February, March, April, and May)
- Enroll by December 31 to make 5 monthly payments (first payment and $35 enrollment fee due at sign up followed by payments on the first of each month for February, March, April, and May)
- Enroll by January 31 to make 4 monthly payments (first payment and $35 enrollment fee due at sign up followed by payments on the first of each month for March, April, and May)
Contact Us with Questions
We’re here to help! If you have questions about payment options, please contact us.
GradGuard Tuition Insurance
We understand that the investment you and your family make in tuition and fees is significant which can create a financial hardship if you are unable to complete your classes and are not eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees. Tuition Refund Insurance, provided by GradGuard™, can help protect your investment by refunding your tuition, fees, and room/board charges - up to the annual policy limits - if you are unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason. This insurance program complements and enhances WVU's refund policy.
For additional information, including coverage details and exclusions, please visit GradGuard or call GradGuard at 866-724-4384.