Paying Your Bill Online
Paying your bill online is the fastest and easiest way to take care of your bill payment.
To pay online, log into WVU Portal and access STAR. From "Electronic Bill by Term" (in STAR), click the “PAY” link at the top of the page or "PAY NOW" at the bottom of the bill.
Choose one of two payment methods:
- E-Check - Use this method to avoid a convenience fee. An e-check works just like
a paper check, except you input the routing and account numbers for your checking
Just like a paper check, e-checks can be returned for insufficient funds or if
your account or routing number is incorrect.
- Credit Card - Enter your credit card number, expiration date, and CVV code on the back of the card. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are accepted for a 2.25% convenience fee.
Enter the amount you wish to pay and follow the instructions for your selected method. You will receive an email confirming payment. It may take 2-3 business days to see a debit in your checking account or a charge to your credit card account.
Parents who have been granted access by their student can view and pay bills in the Parent-Guest portal.
Tuition Payment Plan
We offer an interest-free monthly tuition payment plan, administered by CASHnet. There is a $35 enrollment fee per semester.
Other Forms of Payment
- Checks, money orders, or certified bank checks, paid to the order of
West Virginia University, can be mailed to:
WVU Mountaineer Hub
2nd Floor - Room 200
P.O. Box 6004
Morgantown, WV 26506
or accepted at the Mountaineer Hub (62 Morrill Way, Evansdale Crossing). Cash payments cannot be accepted at the Mountaineer Hub.
- Wire Transfer - WVU partners with
Flywire to provide WVU international students with an easy and secure method
to send international payments in your home currency.
- 529 College Savings Plan - Each plan is different, so contact your plan manager for instructions. Checks may be sent to the Mountaineer Hub address referenced above.
- Third Party Payments - Do you have a sponsor paying your tuition or fees? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsors, please include:
- Student’s Name
- Student’s WVU ID Number
- Specific charges or dollar amount that sponsor will be paying
- What academic terms sponsor will be paying
- Billing address for sponsor
- Name and contact information for person authorizing contract
If you don’t plan to enroll, be sure to drop your classes and on-campus housing and dining to avoid semester charges.
Contact or visit the Mountaineer Hub in Evansdale Crossing.