Want to Make Monthly Payments on Your Tuition Bill?
West Virginia University is pleased to offer a monthly payment plan, administered by Higher One®, for all students. The Tuition Payment Plan is an alternative to paying each semester's tuition and/or housing expenses in full prior to the Fall term (due in late July) and the Spring term (due in December). Some of the advantages of the Tuition Pay Plan are:
- MORE TIME TO PAY. Spread your tuition payments over a period of several months.
- AVOID HIGH INTEREST RATES*. Unlike traditional loans, Tuition Payment Plans only charge a small fee at enrollment.
- CONVENIENCE. Enroll, manage your account and make payments all online, 24 hours a day.
- CONVENIENT ONLINE STATEMENTS. You will receive your statements via email each month, with a link to Manage Your Account, where you can view your account or make payments online.
How do I sign up?
Enrolling in the payment plan is fast and easy. You can enroll as early as March 29th for Summer, Fall, and Annual Plans. The steps to enroll are
- Visit https://tuitionpaymentplan.com/wvu.
- Select "Enroll in a plan for the first time".
- Choose the best plan for you.
- Enter your amount due from the "Electronic Bill" on STAR. (If you are enrolling in the annual plan, be sure to account for another semester of charges).
- Complete the application by filling in all necessary fields and paying your application fee.
Once complete, Higher One will update WVU of your contract and any payments you make. There is a $50 enrollment fee due at the time you sign up.
Need to Know Information
- Late Fees - Should you pay your monthly installment after the 1st of the month, then you could incur late fees from both West Virginia University and Higher One.
- Delinquency - Should you miss two consecutive payments, your contract will be terminated and you will need to pay WVU directly in full.
- Double Check Your Information - Incorrect information such as your student ID could lead to your payments being applied to another student.
- Rent - We recommend that you NOT pay rent at WVU-owned apartments through Tuition Pay. You will need to pay those charges separately through STAR and contact the Office of Student Accounts to apply your payment to your rent.
- Changes in Bill - Should you add a charge such as a larger meal plan or extra tuition, you will need to adjust your account online through the Higher One website. Failure to do so could result in late fees.
- Over Payment - Should your contract be larger than your term balance you will be refunded by the office of student accounts upon the completion of your contract. Refund policies can be found HERE.